My UBC Trek Magazine Advertisement Photo

I'm famous!

Recently, my alma mater, the University of British Columbia, published small development ad in their latest alumni magazine, Trek, for Spring 2009. The photos depict me with friends, Hanane and Anton, from the UBC Development call centre (where we worked). It's a marvel of product placement: I'm holding an anthology of poetry, and Anton's holding my UBC binder. The photo was taken in the picture-esque treehouse section of the Forestry building.

Interestingly, the ad appears in one of the most controversial issues I've ever encountered. --and the most controversial article of that issue (by Richard Johnston, BA 70', PhD) questioning whether Canada is a true democracy.

To read it, click here for a downloadable pdf.

UBC-related Articles:

The Great UBC Burger Race--McDonalds (Youtube Video)
Wolverine Movie On Location at UBC
Graduation From UBC (Photos)
UBC Call Centre Art